Tuesday 20 December 2011

Ghosts of Rwanda

    Ghost of Rwanda marked the 10th anniversary of the 1994 Rwandan Genocide. This documentary is filled with interviews from many different influencial people whom either were involved in the genocide, watched as it happened and did nothing or those who did all they could with what they were given.

    Throughout the documentary the audience is given a look of the genocide through many different eyes, allowing a much larger understanding of many different point of views. The information was not fabricated making it completely unbiased. The speakers in this film were mainly directly involved in the genocide in one way or another. It was very powerful being able to hear their stories and learn from their words. It was a very effective way of getting a point across. Although not fully inticed enticed by the film I did learn much from it I may not have otherwise had the opportunity to achieve.

     Although I find learning about the genocide very interesting I was not fully captured by this film. I prefer dramatized movies rather then a documentary. Though its possible I gained the most information from this film rather then movies like Hotel Rwanda and Shake Hands with the Devil.

I give this film a 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment